Catholic War Veterans & the Auxiliary Programs are what set us apart from the other Veterans Service Organizations that are available for veterans to join and be involved with.
Our programs are the responsibility of the Officers, who’s position has a corresponding program. The National Officers add details and fine points to the Program for the year. That’s where you’ll find the “meat & potatoes” of each Program.
Each corresponding lower Echelon Officer (Department, Chapter and Post/Unit) should use these National Programs as a starting point to plan his or her activities for the year. Be creative and add to the program at your local level if it helps to advance the goals of that program. Each Officer has two semi-annual reports that are to be turned in to higher Echelons. These reports may seem archaic, but are used to show anyone interested (public, Congress, potential donors) that your Post, Unit, Chapter or Department are part of the overall CWV & Auxiliary program.
Below are links that will take you to the Program page listed:
- Catholic Action & Americanism: CWV 1st Vice CDR — Auxiliary 1st Vice President
- Membership: CWV 2nd Vice CDR — Auxiliary 2nd Vice President
- Youth Activities: CWV 3rd Vice CDR — Auxiliary 3rd Vice President
- Ceremony & Ritual: CWV Officer of the Day — CWV Auxiliary Ritual Officer
- Veterans Welfare: CWV and CWV Auxiliary Welfare Officer
- Historians Program: CWV and Auxiliary Historian
On each of these pages, you will find:
- Officer’s duties – a description from the Officers Manual
- the National Officer’s Program with details, rules, deadlines, etc
- the Report Form to be filed twice a year with all of the upper Echelons
- Other Program helps – tips, other forms, etc.
While Membership is the official domain of the CWV’s 2nd Vice Commanders and the Auxiliary’s 2nd Vice Presidents, it is ultimately EVERY MEMBER’S responsibility to recruit and retain membership.
Resource items, many of which are available on this website, have been developed to help Post’s and Auxiliary’s in their efforts to recruit and grow membership in our organization. Some can be downloaded and printed; others are available from National HQ.
Recruitment of members should be an ongoing effort – you can recruit anytime, anywhere! Call or email to get the materials you need to grow the CWV and Auxiliary.
Each year the Catholic War Veterans & Auxiliary sponsor an annual “National Recruitment Week“, usually the week of or before Veterans Day. The same resources can be used during this event. Other items may be available from HQ to assist you further. Details are posted on this site every year as we approach the dates for Recruitment Week.